Clinton Passenger Depot
In 2002 MSI Construction completed the historical renovation of the Clinton Chicago & Eastern Illinois Passenger Depot.
Constructed 1910 in the Renaissance Revival/Craftsman style is located at 227 Vine Street in Clinton. It is a contributing building within the Clinton Downtown Commercial Historic District which was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 under Criterion A. The one-story brick building features a foundation of ranged field stone, rock faced with a natural cement mortar. Its windows are round arched with fanlights. Inside, the building included men’s and women’s waiting rooms, the station master’s office, telegrapher’s post, restrooms, separated from the passenger baggage area. The building now operates as offices for LIFT and the Coal Town Railroad Museum